Excerped from the article:
“Measuring the value of social media has been a challenge for marketers. And with good reason: it’s hard to understand exactly what is happening in an environment where activity occurs both on and off your website.
Since social media is often an upper funnel player in a shopper’s journey, it’s not always easy to determine which social channels actually drive value for your business and which tactics are most effective.
That’s why we’re releasing a new set of Social reports within Google Analytics. The new reports bridge the gap between social media and the business metrics you care about – allowing you to better measure the full value of the social channel for your business.
We wanted to help you with 3 things:
– Identify the full value of traffic coming from social sites and measure how they lead to direct conversions or assist in future conversions;
– Understand social activities happening both on and off of your site to help you optimize user engagement and increase social key performance indicators (KPIs);
– Make better, more efficient data-driven decisions in your social media marketing programs.
Here are a couple of the things you can do with our new reports:
1) Overview Report: see social performance at a glance and its impact on conversions…
2) Conversions Report: which goals are being impacted by social media…
3) Social Sources – find out how visitors from different sources behave…
4) Social Plugins: find the content that’s good enough to share…
5) Activity Stream: what’s happening outside of your website…
These new social reports will be available for all users over the next few weeks under the Standard Reporting Tab.
read full detailed article here: